Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kyoto, Japan [Part 4]

Here's a few more pictures from my Kyoto trip.

CRW_2181
Kimono (Japanese national costume - originally referring to all forms of clothing) show.

CRW_2184

CRW_2200
Typical Japanese 'lunch box'

CRW_2204

CRW_2206
On my way to take the Sagano Romantic Train to Arashiyama, a district in the outskirts of Kyoto. The name Arashiyama also refers to the mountain across the Oi River. The district is famous for its many tourist locations - namely the Moon Crossing Bridge (Togetsukyo Bridge), notable for its views of cherry blossoms; and the Iwatayama Monkey Park, where over 170 monkeys dwell (why on earth did I just mention that?!)

CRW_2211
Train station where I await to board the Sagano train.

CRW_2228
River view from train. It's moments like this when I curse myself for not bringing my Tamron telephoto lens; this particular picture was captured using my 17-40 L glass, not nearly long enough to do the scene justice.

CRW_2230

CRW_2235
Inside the Sagano train.

CRW_2247

CRW_2300
Entrance to Kyoto Station - the second largest train station (after Nagoya Station). Its 15-storied building incorporates a shopping mall, movie theatre, and a multistoried department store.

CRW_2304
Inside the Kyoto Station.

CRW_2308

CRW_2316

CRW_2325

CRW_2343
This is what happens when you are lazy and don't bring your tripod with you - you shoot handheld instead in the dusk while quietly cursing yourself for your immense laziness.

That's all for today.

Cheers,
Solemn Observer
16 September 2007

No comments: